Oklahoma Implements Orion Health's™ Healthier Populations Solution Suite to Power Its Health and Human Services Interoperability System
Boston, MA – Orion Health™, a global healthcare technology company leading the evolution to Precision Medicine , today announced that the State of Oklahoma is implementing its Healthier Populations Solution Suite to power its Health and Human Services Interoperability System (Health-e Oklahoma) to enhance the quality of data available to support decisions about improving the health of Oklahomans. Orion Health’s Healthier Populations Suite offers a comprehensive set of interoperability and data aggregation tools that support critical population health initiatives and future proofs customers for Precision Medicine. The Healthier Populations solution suite includes:
- Orion Health Amadeus: Provides the elements necessary to run a secure, open, and interoperable platform. Amadeus combines the company’s world-class integration engine technology with a highly-scalable and flexible modern database architecture, making it possible for healthcare organizations to drive informed action across various clinical settings, communities, and even entire countries.
- Rhapsody® Integration Engine: Provides seamless connectivity between legacy and next-generation health systems with a comprehensive set of tools that simplify complex healthcare interoperability.
- Clinical Portal: Grants secure, online access to all users in the community involved in patient care to a single, accurate patient record that contains centralized data from all the connected source systems.
- eHealth Exchange Gateway: Creates a secure, standards-based, auditable and bi-directional connection between Orion Health and the eHealth Exchange enabling users to share and query complete patient information with other HIEs and federal agencies.
- EMPI: Used for data cleansing, transformation and matching services to establish unique person identifier.
- Semantic Interoperability: Established standardized documentation for health records.
Oklahoma, under the guidance of the Health and Human Services – Shared Services Committee (DISCUSS) is partnering with Orion Health to support its mission of protecting and improving the public’s health status through strategies that focus on disease prevention and improved healthcare information sharing.
The partnership is intended to lay the groundwork for onboarding providers as well as the integration of all disparate systems via Orion Health’s Rhapsody Integration Engine. This will allow for the creation of a health record which provides a comprehensive, accurate, up-to-date view of a patient’s health history.
Furthermore, the technology will improve the quality of the data available for public health and clinical decision support to improve outcomes and the health of Oklahomans.
“The State of Oklahoma selected the Orion Health solution suite after an extensive evaluation process,” said Bo Reese, State CIO and HIT Coordinator. “Orion Health’s experience in public health along with its integrated technology stack allows us to move from the acquisition of data through to aggregation and providing access to a health record were key factors in our decision.
We are excited about the impact our technology deployment will have on bi-directional data exchange with our healthcare trading partners and ultimately on the health of Oklahomans.”
“Oklahoma is an example of a state that truly understands that in order to improve the quality of patient care and reduce costs, it needs to make health data readily available to all key stakeholders in a secure, accessible manner,” said Suzanne Cogan, Vice President, Orion Health.
“We are excited to partner with Oklahoma and provide them with an open, modern platform and integration technology that will support critical population health initiatives. This partnership once again demonstrates Orion Health’s commitment to serving health organizations to enable truly coordinated care.”
To learn more about how Orion Health is partnering with states, like Oklahoma, and provider organizations across the country, please visit the company at the annual HIMSS Conference, taking place in Las Vegas, from February 29 – March 4 in booth #1626.
Orion Health Media Contacts:
Senior Marketing Director, Orion Health